Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sales Trends

Like everyone else, I've been reading all kinds of stats and figured in the news. Some have to do with housing, some with the stock market, and a little bit of everything in between. The one trend that I have been seeing lately is much more local. Every week we have a sales meeting on Tuesday. This week, we were showing month to date sales figures and 1 stat continues to stick out to me. Over the past 3 months we've had almost twice as many pending listing sales as we've had new listings. For example this month we have 61 pending listings, and only took 31 new listings.

I look at this as a very positive trend. Inventory has been a problem, and there were a lot of people scared to sell in this market. If we continue to see twice as many homes selling as coming on the market it will be a great trend. It will get us back to where we need to be regarding number of homes on the market.

I'm also seeing another odd trend which is multiple offers on homes. I've actually seen this several times over the last month. What's really strange is that I'll see homes that have been on the market for months and suddenly they have 3 offers in a weekend. This trend I can't explain. That's just the wackiness of real estate.

Overall, I just continue to see positive numbers coming out. I hope this trend continues and will continue to pass on all that I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment