Monday, May 4, 2009

Consumer Confidence

As I always do, I was going through and reading articles about the economy and stumbled across this little fact:

On Tuesday, April 28, the Conference Board reported that its consumer confidence index rose 12.3 points to 39.2 in April. Economists had expected the index to increase to 29.5. It is the highest level since a November reading of 44.7 and is the largest jump since a gain of 13 points in November 2005. The index was benchmarked at 100 in 1985, a year chosen because it was neither a peak nor a trough in consumer confidence.

Once again, it may just be that I like to throw my rose colored glasses on once and a while, but I think the economy really has hit bottom and is starting to come up. I've seen activity in Real Estate starting to build, and I've also just seen the negative stories in the news start to dry up. Now I'm not sure if it's just because of the good ol' 'Swine Flu' giving them something new to talk about, or if the media really just can't find negative economic news. Either way, I'm ok with it and we'll just have to wait and see if it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment