Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PDX - A Great Ambassador for Portland


Share



As I sit here waiting for my delayed flight to Chicago, it makes me appreciate how nice PDX really is.  I sit here in a clean chair, looking at nice vacuumed carpet, and have FREE wifi.  While I'd rather be sitting on my plane moving toward my destination, I have not been in many airports that will keep me as comfortable as PDX.  I think the free wifi is key as it allows me to be productive, get work done, and even keep up with the news while I'm waiting.  There are regional restaurants that don't serve 'fast food', plenty of little shops, and even kiosks.  I still think the thing I appreciate the most is just how clean it is compared to other airports.  On top of that, it seems like the people working here are more friendly and attentive.  I know any person on any given day can can be gruff, but nearly everyone I've talked to here has been more than happy to offer assistance.  If  you are coming into Portland for the first time, or just stopping on your way to somewhere else, I think it's a great representation of our city.  I just wish every airport was modeled after PDX.  It sure would make those 5 hour layovers a lot more tolerable!

No comments:

Post a Comment