Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New College Loan Repayment Law

I was reading a fairly fascinating article about college loan repayment today. There is a new law going into effect that limits the payments to 15% of your gross income. Then I started thinking about my school loans and am really thankful that I went to a state school and worked while I was there. I can't imagine having $80,000 in school loans and paying $800 a month. I guess it would be even more compounded for me as I'm now working in a field where my college degree doesn't do a whole lot. It has been good for many reasons outside of getting a job, but mostly unintended consequences. For example, I had some very anal professors that grilled me on grammar and spelling. Now I had been taught that previously, but these guys are what really cemented the 'there, their, and they're' as well as 'your and you're' grammar in my head.

Also, going to Oregon State has also allowed me to meet a lot of alumni and Beaver fans since I graduated. It's an instant bond and of course, who doesn't love a good football game on a fall Saturday??? There is no better time in the world than being around a bunch of good friends, eating good food, sipping on beverages, and watching college football. What's not to love?

I digress, if you'd like to see the article, or know more about it, go to: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/24/college.loans/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment